Thursday, February 13, 2014

Winter Fashion Favorites


Though the past few mornings haven't made it feel so, Spring will be here soon!

I go against most of the state of Texas when I say that I genuinely love the colder months. So, to honor them- I have decided to touch on my favorite fashion items from this winter.

DISCLAIMER: All items on this list are either purchases from this winter specifically, or trends that I found myself newly sporting. With that said- this list does not include my usual winter go to's like riding boots, pikos, cable knits and fleece-lined leggings. Wearing those during the colder months are a given for me :)




1. Flannels: I got VERY into over-sized flannels this year. Pair with a statement necklace, vest and riding boots and you can do no wrong in my book. Oh, also wear pants. (Play flannel roulette here)
2. Polka Dot Sweater: Wear by itself or over a chambray/any other collared shirts. Cute option here and here.
3. Plaid Skirt: Plaid skirts and tights became a go-to work outfit for me this winter. Plus I scored that Target skirt (in store) for $8! Boom. (Buy it here)
4. Quilted Vests: Quilted vests add a perfect touch to almost every winter outfit. J. Crew version here, Dupes: Old Navy (Sold out)
5. Fur Vest: Options here and here.
6. Blanket Coat: J. Crew Version here. Dupes: Old Navy (here)
7. Bean Boots: Never thought I'd buy Bean boots because I didn't think I needed them (See Dad- I DO know the difference between want and need). That is, until I saw the new wool bean boots. I fell in love. Then somehow they ended up on my doorstep ;) Whoops? (Buy here)
8. Hunter Boots: Same story as the Bean boots- Didn't think I needed them but the color convinced me otherwise. I'm SO glad I got these. It's been rainy this winter so I've gotten plenty of use out of them already. (Buy here)
9. Crotchet Ear Warmer: Tons of options on Etsy. Cute option here.
10. Kate Spade Satchel: I stood in line with all the crazies on Black Friday just to step inside the Kate Spade outlet in Houston. This beauty was worth the wait. Seriously. When I die, bury me with this bag.
 
I'm going to try to take some pictures this weekend of how I styled and wore some of this stuff, so be checking for those early next week.

I hope y'all stayed warm this winter and have a very happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Before you know it we'll be sporting bright spring colors and various floral patterns. I. CANNOT. WAIT.

Until next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment