Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Winter Favorites: Outfit Post


  Somewhere amidst a crazy weekend, I was able to snap a few shots to
 show y'all how I styled some of the items from my Winter Favorites list :)

P.S- In case you need a good laugh: It was about 77 degrees out when I took these pictures.   

Also, please bear with me as I figure out my photography situation. Once I get the camera and locale logistics sorted out, these outfit posts should be lot more.. professional. Until then, please forgive my silly backdrop, mediocre picture quality and nappy hair.


Without further adieu,
 Here are a few of the ways I styled some of the items from my Winter Favorites list:






Shirt: Etsy (See post below) // Vest: Stein Mart (Sold out) // Jeans: Target // Boots: Bandolino // Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target // Necklace: Francesca's

Now, when I say that I wore this oversized flannel shirt a lot this winter- I meant it. I even dressed it up a few times and wore it to the office. Once with a tan cardigan, black pencil skirt, tights and black booties (same ones as the outfit below), and on another occasion with the same tan cardigan, black cigarette pants and black bow flats (J. Crew Emery flats).  







Sweater: Kohl's // Skirt: Banana Republic // Shoes: Naturalizer

Plaid skirts and tights were my winter work uniform- so effortless and classic. And It only gets better when styled with sweaters like this one. I LOVE this embellished sweater. It rivals a similar one from J. Crew but had a much friendlier price tag. Stores like Kohl's, Target and Old Navy are getting SO good at coming out with designer dupes- this sweater is a perfect example! (You can also dress this look down for a more casual feel by changing out the tights and heels for a pair of tall riding boots.)








Sweater: Old Navy // Jeans: Target // Boots: Hunter (See post below) //
Necklace: eBay (link in shop tab)

A perfect outfit for errand running on cold, rainy days. 
(To me- nothing is better than an outfit that is both comfy AND stylish)
 I searched for what felt like a lifetime for the perfect oversized cable knit sweater with no luck-
So I ended up finding a sweater I liked and just bought it two sizes too big. *cue evil genius laugh*
As for the boots- I would wear these silly things everyday if it were socially acceptable.
Another plus about this outfit- The neutral sweater makes it so versatile. Wear it plain, with a statement necklace, a scarf, vest or even with a chambray or flannel underneath. Endless possibilities.


I hope it was helpful to see how I wore some of my favorite cold weather items!
Maybe at the very least- you got a good laugh out of my modeling skills... or lack thereof. ;)

 _______________________________________

 My next few weekends will be filled to the brim with bachelorette parties, (bridal) showers, a half marathon and even a trip to Midland! I'm going to try to keep the posts coming at least once a week but just in case- the best way to stay updated on the little things is to make sure you're following me on Instagram- @shellsearles.

Can't wait to fill y'all in on new purchases and stories from recent happenings very soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment