Friday, February 28, 2014

Spring Trends & Must Haves


It's day two of Cook-off and Go Texan day here in Houston...
 you know what that means- it's almost rodeo time!

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has always and will probably always be one of my most favorite things. Ever. I've been going since I was young, interned there in college, have seen countless performances there over the years, and need I even mention rodeo food?! I could go on about it for days but I won't because today we're talking about Spring.

We're less than one month away from the first official day of Spring. Heck. Yes.

Among of the craziness of throwing a bachelorette bash in Lake Charles last weekend and getting ready for some of my other upcoming events, I've already started doing some Spring shopping (BIG surprise) and adding pops of mint and pastels to my wardrobe. 

To ease into the warmer weather and Spring, I thought I'd share some of the trends that I am most looking forward to this season- both new and old. 
  

Spring Trends

Tortoise: Tortoise accessories. Everywhere.
Metallic: Metallics were a HUGE staple in so many of the new designer lines during NY Fashion Week. I've already found a few metallic accessories that I'm craving (see below).
Scallops: There's just something so dainty & light about a scalloped hem.
Florals: A classic Spring print.
Colors: That bright pink? Come on now. Obsessed. The others are a given- Whether it's skinnies, peplums or A-line skirts- you can't go wrong with Lilac, Mint or a light Coral. 


Based on that list, here's a few Spring items I've got my eyes on:

Spring Must Haves





 It took a lot of willpower to refrain from adding stripes, navy and neon (the dress above is a paler yellow in person) to this list but I'll try to save those for Summer!

I was going to apologize for the J. Crew overload on this list but I'm not really sorry ;). Most of the J. Crew items pictured are actually from the factory store, so everything is very reasonable priced when bought during a sale. So with that I'll say: I NEVER pay full price for anything at J. Crew or J. Crew Factory. EVER. They almost alllways have a sale going on, so if you see something you like that's full price- just wait a few days. Make sure you join their e-mail list to get updates on when the sales are!

I have a few outfit posts planned in the upcoming weeks, but I also have some other ideas of posts that may be coming your way, including- a look inside my obnoxious jewelry collection filled with dupes, and a list of the best websites and stores to be subscribed to. [Both of which are two of my biggest money saving secrets]

Pleassse let me know if you have any post ideas or things you'd like to see on here!

 Life updates:
The bachelorette weekend was a huge success.
The verdict on L'Auberge in Lake Charles: ...Can I go back now?
Next up on my busy weekend list: The Woodlands Half Marathon.
Also: Today is Hudson's adoption anniversary!
 I can't believe it's already been a year with my sweet boy.


*To keep up with my daily happenings, new buys and all that jazz: Follow me on Instagram. Also, if you liked this list and want to see other items I'm eying: Follow me on Pinterest*

Happy Cook-off! 
See y'all next week




No comments:

Post a Comment